Thursday, September 4, 2008


Start spreading the news....New York City was awesome! The trip was complete with a few of my favorite friends, fabulous food, crazy cab rides, and phenomenal photography opps! I can't believe we got in as much shopping and touring as we did-in only 3 days! When you see the show you might ask the same question my hubby did, "Where are your friends?" They aren't in many shots-they went to shop and play-not model!

Two of the key elements for good photos are Light and Lines...the city was full of both! I did my best to capture not only the "tourist" shots, but anything that caught my eye...Sometimes I was able to get it, sometimes I was too busy hanging on for dear life in my cab to get focused well!
I hope you enjoy the sites as I saw them!

Weekends offer romantic sax music on top of the Empire State Bldg.


I enjoyed playing with a little symmetry in the city!

I missed the ferry to Ellis Island, so I settled for getting
Ms Liberty from a distance.

Sat night was crystal clear from the top of the Empire State Building! I loved seeing all the lights!
The site of the World Trade Center 2010-rebuilding has begun!
I think there was someone representing each of these flags in the City last weekend!

Here we are-ready to say farewell to the Big Apple!
MUTE music on home page and click HERE to see our show...
Enjoy the happy uptown sound of Harry Connick, Jr serenading us to "A Wink and a Smile."
The show ends with the most amazing site of the entire trip-the sunset God created between Washington DC and Greenville, SC on Sunday night-while storms were brewing below-His glory shone above!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim. D said...

A few random things-
1-the Starbucks guy-he liked my camera and was a budding photographer himself! I hope he visits the blog to see himself!
2-The trash can-1 of THREE I saw in the ENTIRE city! Rudy needs to get some more cans on the street to help his project cleanup!
3-The guy with the sax-on top of the Empire State Building...he saw me take the first shot and assumed that with a camera like mine, it would look OK, so he gave me his card and asked me to email it to him...I said I would if I could keep shooting. So....there are a few here of him...and he liked them all!

September 5, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home